Definición de detribalize en inglés:
verbo[with object] (usually as adjective detribalized)
1Remove (someone) from a traditional tribal social structure: the 250,000 Australian Aboriginals include many detribalized urban people
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Until very recently, the main thrust of federal policy was to break up the extended family, the clan structure, to detribalize and assimilate Indian populations.
- His life proved that he was a highly detribalised African.
- It is less practised among those Gikuyu who have been Europeanised or detribalised.
1.1Remove a traditional tribal social structure from (a culture).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Tribal societies, unlike detribalized, fragmented cultures with their stress on individualist values, are extremely austere morally.
- The supposed goal was to detribalize the economy and culture and drop Indians into the "free" market where private enterprise would assimilate them.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The main anxiety of British administrators then was the threat of ‘detribalization,’ their word for a perceived social dislocation resulting from urbanization and migration for wage labor.
- This brings up the issue of Tom's ‘detribalization.’
- It is also true that detribalization is, as Mahmood Mamdani showed, ‘the mere starting point in the reorganisation of the bifurcated power created by the colonial power’.
Definición de detribalize en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia