Definición de detritivore en inglés:
An animal which feeds on dead organic material, especially plant detritus.
- The members of Echinoidea are suspension feeders, herbivores, detritivores, and predators.
- These earliest insect species were probably detritivores, scavenging for organic matter in the thin soils of the time, although some species may have been herbivores feeding on live plants.
- Some graze, some browse, some feed on plankton, some are scavengers or detritivores, some are active carnivores.
- Example sentences
- While most species of Daphnia, including D. pulex, are herbivorous or detritivorous (feeding on phytoplankton), a few are carnivorous and prey on other water fleas.
- They included both carnivorous and detritivorous types.
- However, even if the glossopterids did not possess toxic secondary metabolites that discouraged detritivores, their dominance still may have played a role in the abundance of detritivorous oribatid mites.
Definición de detritivore en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan