- 1A member of a class of divine beings in the Vedic period, which in Indian religion are benevolent and in Zoroastrianism are evil. Compare with asura.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Second, they solicit special blessings from the devas and Deities, society and village, family and friends.
- Gods, devas, demi-gods, human, animal… these are all part of the Karmic Cycle of Existence called Samsara.
- Thank you for introducing me to my Hindu Gods, my guardian devas and my wonderful Saivite religion.
- 1.1Indian (In general use) a god.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the god, or deva, realm one is more ‘blissed-out,’ and the pleasure here is more of a sense of meditative absorption, a self-consciousness, a mental state of swelling on one's own ego.
- The devas are the gods, beings who live in realms of constant pleasure.
- The rationale of the exercise was that if man performed the sacrificial rituals correctly, the devas would reciprocate by performing their cosmic function in the most beneficent way.
from Sanskrit, literally 'shining one', later 'god'.
Más definiciones de devaDefinición de deva en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.