- A dance performed as part of Buddhist ritual in Sri Lanka and Tibet, for the invocation, propitiation, or exorcism of spirits.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Belief in sorcerers, spirits, demons, and the need for exorcisms as undertaken in the ‘devil dances’ are a part of everyday Bhutanese religious practices.
- This dance, also known as the 'devil dance', is performed in the courtyards of the monasteries before a large gathering of spectators on some festival or a cheerful occasion.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But I'd been a devil dancer four times already, and I'd be damned if I would sit it out.
- At the sound of a gong they both crashed up against the bars and pranced around, posturing like Tibetan devil dancers, now threatening, now leaping away frightened.