verbo (devitrifies, devitrifying, devitrified)
(With reference to glass or vitreous rock) become or make hard, opaque, and crystalline: [no object]: glasses are not particularly stable materials, and in the course of time they devitrify (as adjective devitrified) bands of devitrified glass
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- According to Aghabawa, the rhyolites were extruded as siliceous lava, which solidified as glass and was subsequently devitrified.
- Because of their tendency to crystallize (devitrify), most natural terrestrial glasses are geologically young.
- The tendency of glass to devitrify is a result of the atoms moving from a higher to a lower energy state.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- High-viscosity silica gel produced by the hydration and devitrification of volcanic ashes can eventually concentrate in any open space, such as the cast of a limb.
- These structures may be evidence of early nucleation and devitrification (with corresponding vapor formation) that preceded that in the surrounding host rhyolite.
- All melt inclusions and matrix glasses chosen were completely glassy, i.e. they had not undergone any devitrification and did not contain microlites or microphenocrysts.
Definición de devitrify en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda