verbo (devitrifies, devitrifying, devitrified)
(With reference to glass or vitreous rock) become or make hard, opaque, and crystalline: [no object]: glasses are not particularly stable materials, and in the course of time they devitrify (as adjective devitrified) bands of devitrified glass
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- According to Aghabawa, the rhyolites were extruded as siliceous lava, which solidified as glass and was subsequently devitrified.
- Because of their tendency to crystallize (devitrify), most natural terrestrial glasses are geologically young.
- The tendency of glass to devitrify is a result of the atoms moving from a higher to a lower energy state.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- High-viscosity silica gel produced by the hydration and devitrification of volcanic ashes can eventually concentrate in any open space, such as the cast of a limb.
- These structures may be evidence of early nucleation and devitrification (with corresponding vapor formation) that preceded that in the surrounding host rhyolite.
- All melt inclusions and matrix glasses chosen were completely glassy, i.e. they had not undergone any devitrification and did not contain microlites or microphenocrysts.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: de|vit¦rify
Definición de devitrify en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda