- A person’s duty: you have done your devoir right wellMás ejemplos en oraciones
- For yet another year, indigenous performance arts showed incredibly minimal growth, with creativity seemingly dedicating itself to the devoir of producing perplexity rather than refinement.
- The hedge was laid by a veteran Yorkshireman, and the lord of the manor's bailiff was present to see the devoir properly carried out.
pay one's devoirs
- Pay one’s respects formally: I paid my devoirs to bothMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Hereby allow me to pay our devoirs to you in behalf of all the staff of our company.
- Let not the traveller omit to pay his devoirs to the liquid ‘manna of Montepulciano,’ the monarch of Tuscan, if not of all other wines, as Bacchus and Redi have pronounced it.
- I wish you a good morning, and will pay my devoirs in a day or two to inquire after your health, and hear what has taken place.
Middle English: from Old French deveir, from Latin debere 'owe'. The spelling, and subsequently the pronunciation, was changed under the influence of modern French devoir.
Más definiciones de devoirDefinición de devoir en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.