- Therefore, devoting substantial staff resources to training, organizing, leading, and sustaining family psychoeducation is seen as a luxury.
- And the authority has praised Mr Hampson as a ‘committed and devoted teacher’ who worked tirelessly throughout the year.
- It is incumbent upon all Muslims to devote a proportion of their excess income to the support of religious and charitable works.
- We're on the IT bandwagon again - TIME magazine has devoted a cover issue to India's strength in this field.
- Each issue is devoted to some lofty topic: Truth, Creativity, Freedom, etc.
- We have an entire section of our Q & A part of our website devoted to cloning - see Q & A: Cloning.
- And the hostile army was devoted with dire execrations to the gods of war and of thunder.
- The priestesses and priests turning towards the setting sun, the dwelling of the infernal gods, devoted with curses the sacrilegious wretch.
Late 16th century (in the sense 'dedicate formally, consecrate'): from Latin devot- 'consecrated', from the verb devovere, from de- 'formally' + vovere 'to vow'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.