- 1Love, loyalty, or enthusiasm for a person or activity: his devotion to duty never wavered she was the epitome of wifely devotionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle.
- Her earnest belief in devotion to duty and her command of French bring her an offer to join the intelligence service.
- Mom gave her unconditional love and devotion to each and every one of her children.
- 1.1Religious worship or observance: the order’s aim was to live a life of devotionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The clear implication here is that yoga can be a form of devotion, or worship.
- He is one of the most popular objects of devotion and reverence in east Asian Buddhism.
- In some cases, these ideas evolve into a symbolically charged moment of private religious devotion.
- 1.2 (devotions) Prayers or religious observances: she went to her devotionsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The image or icon of worship is a focus for our prayers and devotions.
- I quote an account of a compilation of ‘Celtic’ prayers and devotions, published in 1994.
- Personal devotions, meditations or prayer may refresh introverts.
Middle English: from Latin devotio(n-), from devovere 'consecrate' (see devote).