Definición de devotion en inglés:
- I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle.
- Her earnest belief in devotion to duty and her command of French bring her an offer to join the intelligence service.
- Mom gave her unconditional love and devotion to each and every one of her children.
- The clear implication here is that yoga can be a form of devotion, or worship.
- He is one of the most popular objects of devotion and reverence in east Asian Buddhism.
- In some cases, these ideas evolve into a symbolically charged moment of private religious devotion.
- The image or icon of worship is a focus for our prayers and devotions.
- I quote an account of a compilation of ‘Celtic’ prayers and devotions, published in 1994.
- Personal devotions, meditations or prayer may refresh introverts.
Middle English: from Latin devotio(n-), from devovere 'consecrate' (see devote).
vote from Late Middle English:
Vote is from Latin votum ‘a vow, wish’, from vovere ‘to vow’. The verb dates from the mid 16th century. The word votive (late 16th century) meaning ‘offered in fulfilment of a vow’ is from votum as are vow (Middle English), devout (Middle English), and devotion (Middle English).
Palabras que riman con devotioncommotion, emotion, groschen, Laotian, locomotion, lotion, motion, notion, Nova Scotian, ocean, potion, promotion
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.