Definición de dexterous en inglés:
Showing or having skill, especially with the hands: a dexterous keyboard player
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The skill of his dextrous fingers dancing over the frets combines with his rich, soulful voice to create a ‘tingle factor’ that leaves the listeners feeling they have witnessed something special.
- They shoved us off scrums, stole our ball at the tackle, carried the ball powerfully into our defence, and showed dextrous handling skills in the open spaces.
- Apart from the huge variety of dice games, there were many games of dextrous skill such as knucklebones.
deft, adept, adroit, agile, nimble, neat, nimble-fingered, handy, able, capable, talented, skilful, skilled, proficient, accomplished, expert, experienced, practised, polished, efficient, effortless, slick, professional, masterful, masterly, impressive, finely judged, delicate
shrewd, ingenious, inventive, clever, intelligent, bright, brilliant, smart, sharp, sharp-witted, razor-sharp, acute, quick, quick-witted, astute, canny, intuitive, discerning, perceptive, perspicacious, insightful, incisive, sagacious, wise, judicious;
British informal suss
North American informal heads-up
dated , informal long-headed
- Example sentences
- She quickly and dexterously gathered it all up in her free hand, and smiled up at Mercer.
- The test of his life will be how dextrously and how ethically he is able both to make and withhold the kinds of concession that might bring him the presidency.
- It's a superb album, dextrously mixing disparate styles into a sound that's entirely its own.
- Example sentences
- With great dexterousness, he traded his way through the political shoals and created a force.
- The speed and dexterousness with which their fingers work is absolutely fascinating.
- You're forever on the edge of your seat, marvelling at the dextrousness of the amazing moves, but constantly fearing that he's about to fall off.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan