(Of a compound) having the property of rotating the plane of a polarized light ray to the right, i.e. clockwise facing the oncoming radiation. The opposite of laevorotatory.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Chirality describes the handedness of a molecule that is observable by the ability of a molecule to rotate the plane of polarized light either to the right (dextrorotatory) or to the left (levorotatory).
- One was dextrorotatory when dissolved in aqueous solution, the other was levorotatory.
- The dextrorotatory isomer of zopiclone is displaced from its salt by means of a base such as sodium hydroxide.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Here, the Orgone Beam converts pure levorotation into dextrorotation, or vice versa, until bipolarity is achieved.
- As the uterus grows larger it generally gets a slight twist, known as a dextrorotation, which allows it to fit more easily in the abdominopelvic cavity.
- This invention relates to an optically active single crystal having both single-crystal portion exhibiting levorotation and single-crystal portion exhibiting dextrorotation and a fabrication process thereof.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: dex¦tro|rota¦tory
Definición de dextrorotatory en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda