Definición de diadem en inglés:
1A jewelled crown or headband worn as a symbol of sovereignty.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A small proportion of the graves contained exceptionally rich grave goods, including gold sceptres, diadems, pendants, and earrings as well as copper artefacts, pottery, and flint tools.
- Among the first people to embrace wreaths were ancient Persians, who wore diadems made of fabric and jewels - the wreath standing in for wealth and power.
- Excavations in the 1960s had recovered gold diadems and other jewelry, a silver vase, glass bowls, coins, and much pottery.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The asses and denarii minted by C. Marcius Censorinus show him in profile as a bearded and diademed man.
- As planned, I set up a base camp in the north of the park and set out to study the two largest lemurs, Propithecus diadema diadema (commonly known as the diademed sifaka) and Indri indri (commonly known as the indri).
- Juliet's death, at the school's Ivoloina Zoological Park in Madagascar, was a blow to scientists, who had hoped that the female would mate with Romeo, a male diademed sifaka, who has been at the center in North Carolina since 1993.
Palabras que riman con diademproem • idem • modem
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda