Definición de diagonal en inglés:
1(Of a straight line) joining two opposite corners of a square, rectangle, or other straight-sided shape.
- Draw two diagonal lines dividing the square and the rectangle into triangles.
- One option is to draw a diagonal line between two opposite points to represent movement between here and there.
- The design was very nice, with diagonal lines forming a grid, each square filled with a snapshot of the movie in rich, warm tones.
1.1(Of a line) straight and at an angle; slanting: a tie with diagonal stripes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The film, with the exception of one shot, is composed of precisely two camera angles: a diagonal shot from the dashboard towards the passenger seat, and another, similar shot towards the driver seat.
- Pencil-thin diagonal blues and greens angle across the surface like tracer-bullet tracks streaking across a movie screen.
- Score the squid by holding the knife at an angle and making diagonal cuts, taking care not to cut right through.
sustantivoVolver al principio
1A straight line joining two opposite corners of a square, rectangle, or other straight-sided shape.
- Do this at a diagonal, from one corner of the square to the opposite corner.
- For example, the Pythagoreans did not expect to uncover irrational numbers in the diagonal of a square.
- The particular tablet which concerns us is not one relating to administration but one which presents a geometrical problem which asks for the dimensions of a rectangle whose area and diagonal are known.
1.1 Mathematics The set of elements of a matrix that lie on a line joining two opposite corners.
- The alpha values and the mean interitem correlations are presented in the diagonals of the matrices in Table 2.
- The diagonal of the rate matrix is specified such that the row sums are equal to zero.
- If we restrict ourselves to the 2x2 arrays whose diagonals lie on the main diagonal of the table, then the sum of four numbers in the array is always a perfect square.
1.2A slanting straight line: the bars of light made diagonals across the entrance tiles can be laid on the diagonal
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Let stand ten minutes, then slice very thin and on the diagonal.
- Take cuttings from last seasons growth, cut just below the bud and trim the top on the diagonal.
- The paintings are thick with diagonals; light is pure color, color is pure stroke.
1.3 Chess A slanting row of squares whose colour is the same.
- If you move a pawn to open up a diagonal for a bishop, then should you usually NOT move up another pawn to develop the bishop on the other diagonal.
- After a queen pawn opening, Hort threatened mate on the long diagonal.
- As frequently happens in such a situation, White does not have a diagonal for his dark Bishop, nor does he have any other diagonals from which to aim at his opponent's King.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan