- A person skilled in philosophical debate.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Heraclitus was a dialectician, while Zeno was a metaphysical relativist.
- The aim of the seminar giver, he argues, is to be witty, clever, and entertaining; the performer must also be a skilled dialectician who relishes the cut and thrust of debate.
- The dialectician replaces hypotheses with secure knowledge, and his aim is to ground all science, all knowledge, on some ‘unhypothetical first principle’.
mid 16th century: from French dialecticien, from Latin dialecticus, based on Greek dialegesthai 'converse with'.
Más definiciones de dialecticianDefinición de dialectician en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.