Definición de diapause en inglés:
A period of suspended development in an insect, other invertebrate, or mammal embryo, especially during unfavourable environmental conditions.
- These ridges indicate the period of diapause during the winter or unfavorable environmental conditions, such as lower water level or lack of food.
- Many of the insects that go into diapause are eggs and pupae awaiting the arrival of spring and its bounty of food before hatching into adults, Holscher said.
- Eggs hatching from diapause introduce to current environments species or genotypes laid at times in the distant past.
verbo[no object] (usually as adjective diapausing) Volver al principio
(Of an insect or other animal) undergo a period of suspended development.
- Migratory birds and diapausing insects are present throughout the arctic, and thus overall herbivory in arctic systems may remain highly seasonal.
- The larval generation and adult flight order is as indicated because offspring from third-flight individuals overwinter as diapausing pupae and emerge the following spring.
- Active individuals only reappear in the water column in autumn when diapausing eggs begin hatching in autumn after fish predation intensity declines.
Definición de diapause en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India