Definición de diaphoretic en inglés:
1(Chiefly of a drug) inducing perspiration.
- Yin medicines have a superficial action on the body or cause some type of elimination through their laxative, diaphoretic or diuretic properties.
- It is diaphoretic, febrifuge (gets rid of fevers), emetic (in large doses), and laxative.
- The action is diuretic, refrigerant and diaphoretic, and the juice extracted from the fresh plant is of use in urinary and kidney diseases.
1.1(Of a person) sweating heavily.
- Initial examination showed labile hypertension and epigastric tenderness, but the patient soon became pale, diaphoretic, and dyspneic.
- The driver, taken by ambulance, arrived in the emergency room obtunded, diaphoretic, with his mouth clenched, and with a positive cough reflex.
- A weaning trial with a PEEP of zero lasted about 5 minutes before she became diaphoretic, tachypneic and tachycardic.
Definición de diaphoretic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan