sustantivo[mass noun] Physiology
- The reflected wave returns to the aorta during systole rather than diastole, increasing systolic work even more and reducing diastolic pressure, on which coronary flow depends.
- It relaxes slowly in early diastole and offers greater resistance to filling in late diastole, so that diastolic pressures are elevated.
- Systole is that part of the heart's pumping cycle when it contracts and pushes blood out, the pulse if you like, and diastole is when the heart relaxes and fills with blood ready for the next heartbeat.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Firstly, we analysed the diagnostic value of systolic and diastolic blood pressure and pulse rate with area under curves.
- Men who experienced the Leningrad siege have higher systolic and diastolic blood pressure and excess mortality from ischaemic heart disease and stroke.
- Systolic and diastolic blood pressures were within normal limits.
Late 16th century: via late Latin from Greek, 'separation, expansion', from diastellein, from dia 'apart' + stellein 'to place'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: dia|stole
Definición de diastole en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.