- A medical and surgical technique involving the production of heat in a part of the body by high-frequency electric currents, to stimulate the circulation, relieve pain, destroy unhealthy tissue, or cause bleeding vessels to clot.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The energy from diathermy can cause tissue heating at the site surrounding the implant and has the potential to cause tissue injury.
- Manipulation is better than sham therapy and several methods that have been shown to be ineffective or harmful, such as traction, corsets, bed rest, diathermy, and no therapy.
- The chief hazards from dental equipment to pacemakers are from electrosurgery and diathermy, but these are infrequently used and the risk from other equipment such as ultrasonic scalers or pulp testers is very small.
early 20th century: from dia- 'through' + Greek thermon 'heat'.
Más definiciones de diathermyDefinición de diathermy en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.