Definición de dichotomous en inglés:
1Exhibiting or characterized by dichotomy: a dichotomous view of the world
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My thinking on this curious dichotomous view of the Church (and the even more curious affinity it has with leftist dissent) can be found here.
- The media promotes this dichotomous view of the world.
- Grappling with ACTION's history helps make the case for why a dichotomous view of Civil Rights and Black Power obscures more than it illuminates.
2 Botany (Of branching) in which the axis is divided into two branches.
- Most members of this lineage also have the combination of pseudomonopodially-branching main axes or rhizomes, with dichotomous branch tips.
- Subsequent branch orders may be dichotomous or pseudomonopodial.
- They produced several types of foliage all characterized by pinnate leaves with open dichotomous venation.
- Example sentences
- Because of the skewed distributions of variables with more than two response options, and the dichotomous nature of some items, all responses were coded dichotomously and summed across the 9 items.
- Items in the condom use self-efficacy scale were recoded dichotomously to determine the extent to which groups interviewed differed in their endorsement of each item.
- It is clear from the Proterozoic fossil record that meristem differentiation, including apical meristems associated with dichotomously branched thalli, must have evolved in the terminal Neoproterozoic or earlier.
Definición de dichotomous en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan