Definición de dichotomous en inglés:
1Exhibiting or characterized by dichotomy: a dichotomous view of the world
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My thinking on this curious dichotomous view of the Church (and the even more curious affinity it has with leftist dissent) can be found here.
- The media promotes this dichotomous view of the world.
- Grappling with ACTION's history helps make the case for why a dichotomous view of Civil Rights and Black Power obscures more than it illuminates.
2 Botany (Of branching) in which the axis is divided into two branches.
- Most members of this lineage also have the combination of pseudomonopodially-branching main axes or rhizomes, with dichotomous branch tips.
- Subsequent branch orders may be dichotomous or pseudomonopodial.
- They produced several types of foliage all characterized by pinnate leaves with open dichotomous venation.
- Example sentences
- Because of the skewed distributions of variables with more than two response options, and the dichotomous nature of some items, all responses were coded dichotomously and summed across the 9 items.
- Items in the condom use self-efficacy scale were recoded dichotomously to determine the extent to which groups interviewed differed in their endorsement of each item.
- It is clear from the Proterozoic fossil record that meristem differentiation, including apical meristems associated with dichotomously branched thalli, must have evolved in the terminal Neoproterozoic or earlier.
Definición de dichotomous en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary