sustantivo (plural dichotomies)[usually in singular]
- 1A division or contrast between two things that are or are represented as being opposed or entirely different: a rigid dichotomy between science and mysticismMás ejemplos en oraciones
- All the dichotomies and polarities can be dissolved and forgiven in that blessed moment of utter peace and tranquility.
- No doubt Vermeer owed a particular debt to Delft, but it is the great dichotomies of Dutch art generally that nourished his genius.
- Sheetal is a first generation Indian-American who captures perfectly the dichotomies of growing up Indian in America with her three dimensional portrayals of real women.
- 2 [mass noun] Botany Repeated branching into two equal parts.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At each dichotomy, the presumed ancestral genome size was indicated.
late 16th century: via modern Latin from Greek dikhotomia, from dikho- 'in two, apart' + -tomia (see -tomy).