Definición de dichromatism en inglés:
1(Typically in an animal species) the occurrence of two different kinds of colouring.
- One of the most conspicuous ornamental traits in avian sexual dichromatism is carotenoid-based plumage coloration.
- Sex of each chick at six weeks of age was recorded, when sexual plumage dichromatism became unambiguous.
- In no case did we find a significant interaction between sexual dichromatism and year.
- Example sentences
- Chestnut Teal are strongly sexually dichromatic; the male has a green head, chestnut breast, and dark upperparts, and the female closely resembles a Grey Teal.
- The RSD species are also so obviously sexually dichromatic that it seems unlikely the tail length dimorphism could have evolved to reduce competition between mated pairs for access to ecological resources such as food.
- Other arrhythmic animals must also have dichromatic color vision during the day and detect wavelengths somewhere between 430 and 500 nm at night, depending on their rhodopsins and specific types of blue pigments.
Definición de dichromatism en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan