1(Typically in an animal species) the occurrence of two different kinds of colouring.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One of the most conspicuous ornamental traits in avian sexual dichromatism is carotenoid-based plumage coloration.
- Sex of each chick at six weeks of age was recorded, when sexual plumage dichromatism became unambiguous.
- In no case did we find a significant interaction between sexual dichromatism and year.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chestnut Teal are strongly sexually dichromatic; the male has a green head, chestnut breast, and dark upperparts, and the female closely resembles a Grey Teal.
- The RSD species are also so obviously sexually dichromatic that it seems unlikely the tail length dimorphism could have evolved to reduce competition between mated pairs for access to ecological resources such as food.
- Other arrhythmic animals must also have dichromatic color vision during the day and detect wavelengths somewhere between 430 and 500 nm at night, depending on their rhodopsins and specific types of blue pigments.
Definición de dichromatism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.