- Denoting or relating to a locomotive driven by the electric current produced by a diesel-engined generator.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Union Pacific Railroad has ordered 315 diesel-electric locomotives designed to significantly decrease air emissions.
- By 1970 Jamaica's railways had fourteen diesel-electric locomotives and only one steam locomotive was still in operation.
- The company has acquired new rolling stock like Chinese diesel-electric locomotives and fuel tankers.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A diesel-electric locomotive.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Coal burning steam turbines, steam turbine electrics, and even gas turbines, all failed to oust diesel-electrics.
- The City of Truro will arrive under its own power, while locomotive 50033, Glorious a diesel-electric will arrive as a permanent exhibit at the museum.
- Stream engines don't handle inclines well, however, so the trip from Cairns to Kuranda takes twice as long as if the train were hauled by a modern diesel-electric.
Más definiciones de diesel-electricDefinición de diesel-electric en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.