- The sixth letter of the early Greek alphabet (Ϝ, ϝ), probably pronounced as ‘w’. It became obsolete before the Classical period.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The letters digamma, koppa, and san are the obsolete ones.
- They included the letters digamma and koppa, the ancestors of Roman F and Q and a modification of P written with a tail, which served as an early model for Roman R.
- While this information is in good dictionaries, I have sometimes wanted a more convenient list of words used in Epic which start with the digamma.
late 17th century: via Latin from Greek, from di- 'twice' + gamma (because of the shape of the letter, resembling gamma (Γ) with an extra stroke).
Más definiciones de digammaDefinición de digamma en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.