(also digastric muscle)
- Each of a pair of muscles which run under the jaw and act to open it.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Training caused an increase in the activity of citrate synthase and superoxide dismutase in the digastric muscle, the sternohyoid muscle, and the costal diaphragm.
- Accessory slips may join the muscle from the digastric, from the stylomandibular ligament, or the angle of the mandible.
- The submandibular glands are located within a triangle bounded by the sternocleidomastoid muscle, the posterior belly of the digastric muscle, and the body of the mandible.
late 17th century: from modern Latin digastricus, from di- 'twice' + Greek gastēr 'belly' (because the muscle has two fleshy parts or ‘bellies’ at an angle, connected by a tendon).
Más definiciones de digastricDefinición de digastric en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.