Definición de digit en inglés:
1Any of the numerals from 0 to 9, especially when forming part of a number.
- This invention was the decimal system of numerals - nine digits and a zero.
- The petrol stations claimed their manual display signs had only space for three digits, two digits before the decimal point and one digit after.
- But it was also well ahead of many hospitals, some of whom had no cases or figures in single digits.
2A finger, thumb, or toe.
- The researchers found that in people under the age of 25, the thumb has taken over from the index finger as the digit most frequently used.
- A ten-month-old boy has had his legs, arm and five digits amputated after contracting meningitis in Sheffield.
- But inside the four layers of socks and gloves, I could hardly distinguish where my digits began and my arms ended.
2.1 Zoology A structure equivalent to a finger or thumb at the end of the limbs of many higher vertebrates.
- All adult plethodontids have four limbs, with four digits on the forelimbs.
- Acanthostega had limbs and eight digits on each hand and foot, and also had fish characteristics like gills, fins, and sensory organs that only worked underwater.
- The oldest tetrapods had seven or eight digits on each limb; the ancestral pattern for living tetrapods is five digits on each limb (such as the five fingers and toes of humans).
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan