sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
- A poisonous compound present in the foxglove and other plants. It is a steroid glycoside and is used in small doses as a cardiac stimulant.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One doctor reaches for a ‘decent dose of warfarin and digoxin no hesitation at all’ to treat patients with atrial fibrillation because of the death of a grandfather.
- Although digitoxin is used widely in Europe, the cardiac glycoside digoxin is widely used in the United States.
- By adding a further four drugs to the search (aspirin, atenolol, digoxin, and statins) an additional 750 patients would be identified.
1930s: contraction of digitoxin.
Más definiciones de digoxinDefinición de digoxin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.