Leave the main subject temporarily in speech or writing: I have digressed a little from my original plan
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- However, I am digressing from the main point that I am trying to put across in this letter, which is the attitude of most Namibians when it comes to criticism.
- I know I digressed from the subject of the article.
- They loved him even more when he digressed from his prepared speech to intervene in domestic British politics.
deviate, go off at a tangent, diverge, turn aside, turn away, depart, drift, stray, ramble, wander, meander, maunder;
get off the subject, stray from the subject, stray from the point, deviate from the topic, get sidetracked, lose the thread
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- As it was not seen as an ethical stand or a virtue, there were few digressers from its path.
- Plus, I'm a rambler and digresser even if there isn't much to say.
- He is also a world-champion digresser, sending out long skeins of words, which bend back and dissolve into the previous ones.
Early 16th century: from Latin digress- 'stepped away', from the verb digredi, from di- 'aside' + gradi 'to walk'.
Palabras que riman con digressacquiesce, address, assess, Bess, bless, bouillabaisse, caress, cess, chess, coalesce, compress, confess, convalesce, cress, deliquesce, dress, duchesse, duress, effervesce, effloresce, evanesce, excess, express, fess, finesse, fluoresce, guess, Hesse, impress, incandesce, intumesce, jess, largesse, less, manageress, mess, ness, noblesse, obsess, oppress, outguess, phosphoresce, politesse, possess, press, priestess, princess, process, profess, progress, prophetess, regress, retrogress, stress, success, suppress, tendresse, top-dress, transgress, tress, tristesse, underdress, vicomtesse, yes
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: di|gress
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda