Leave the main subject temporarily in speech or writing: I have digressed a little from my original plan
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- However, I am digressing from the main point that I am trying to put across in this letter, which is the attitude of most Namibians when it comes to criticism.
- I know I digressed from the subject of the article.
- They loved him even more when he digressed from his prepared speech to intervene in domestic British politics.
early 16th century: from Latin digress- 'stepped away', from the verb digredi, from di- 'aside' + gradi 'to walk'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As it was not seen as an ethical stand or a virtue, there were few digressers from its path.
- Plus, I'm a rambler and digresser even if there isn't much to say.
- He is also a world-champion digresser, sending out long skeins of words, which bend back and dissolve into the previous ones.