Definición de dihedral en inglés:
Having or contained by two plane faces: a dihedral angle
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In each test, we compared simulations guided by the wriggling algorithm to ones guided by a standard thrashing algorithm in which the dihedral angles are varied independently.
- If the right reflection matrix is added, the dihedral group D 6 can be made.
- The 3D symmetries are identified by including dihedral angle information in the atom and molecular names so that two traversais match only if they are not only chemically equivalent but also conformationally equivalent.
sustantivoVolver al principio
1An angle formed by two plane faces.
- Bond distances, angles, and dihedrals, as well as the force constants, were taken for analogy with amino acids having similar functional groups (tyrosine and serine).
- A reflectional symmetry is distinguished from a rotational symmetry by the fact that all dihedrals have their signs inverted, except for 180°, which is equivalent to 0°.
- Moreover, the fraction of stacked conformations for a given set of linker dihedrals is consistently greater for the bis-adenyl compounds than for the bis-naphthyl compounds.
2 [mass noun] Aeronautics Inclination of an aircraft’s wing from the horizontal, especially upwards away from the fuselage. Compare with anhedral.
- The first nine B - 25s had wings of constant dihedral, and - from personal experience - they were fun and very easy to fly, being extremely stable.
- This problem was countered by incorporating 15 degrees of dihedral in the horizontal tail, which initially had been virtually dead flat.
- Airplanes with high dihedral and the filler caps mounted far out on the wings won't show any level at all when there's still half-tanks aboard.
3North American Climbing A place where two planes of rock meet at an angle of between 60° and 120°.
- We meant to simply repeat his route, but several pitches up, where that route goes up and right into blocky cracks, we angled up and left into the obvious dihedral that shoots to the top of the wall.
- Leading the way, I arrive at a small tree that has somehow found a footing in the steep dihedral about seventy feet above the ground.
- The predominance of the cracks and dihedrals seemed to fall between hard 5.9 and straight-on 5.11, offering no moderate exit/escape, but late the first day I found a likely-looking ramp that seemed to lead to the top.
Definición de dihedral en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan