(abbreviation: D and C)
- A surgical procedure involving dilatation of the cervix and curettage of the uterus, performed after a miscarriage or for the removal of cysts or tumours.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That's something around the order of about 8% of patients who take the medication will not have a satisfactory effect and will require a dilatation and curettage to complete the miscarriage, or to complete the abortion.
- Other examples include orthopaedic procedures such as carpel tunnel release and release of tennis elbow; gynaecological procedures, such as D and C; and gastroenterology procedures, including endoscopy and colonoscopy.
- Termination of pregnancy or miscarriages that involve dilatation and curettage sometimes inadvertently remove myometrial tissue as well as removing the products of conception.
Más definiciones de dilatation and curettageDefinición de dilatation and curettage en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.