Definición de dilute en inglés:
- Dyes using acetone or alcohol solvents can be diluted with water also.
- Old time gun makers stained their stocks with aqua fortis, a combination of nitric acid diluted with distilled water and iron filings.
- The aim is to develop epoxy systems that can be diluted in water - for ease of cleaning - without compromising chemical resistance and cure rate.
- But there is the danger that composers writing for amateurs may feel forced to dilute their musical language, to compromise their artistic integrity on the altar of accessibility.
- In addition, it will dilute its holding in the present subsidiary.
- But record labels will insist on keeping CDs in the charts because downloaders buy such a broad range of content they dilute the marketing push behind new artists - which labels need to survive.
- If you choose to do nothing, your shareholding will be diluted thanks to the extra shares issued.
- He retained a stake in the company, but the board diluted the shares, reducing his equity to less than 2%.
- He added that it is wrong to assume that South Africans will be dominating the the merged entity as the shareholding is diluted by 22.7%.
- The water turnover rates of hummingbirds feeding on dilute nectar are more similar to those of amphibious and aquatic organisms than to those of terrestrial vertebrates.
- Finally, don't forget to deadhead and water your containers regularly, and if you add very dilute liquid feed to the watering can every time, the plants will thank you for it.
- This observation may be an important, and so far ignored, component in the explanation for the dilute nectars found in bird-pollinated plants.
- A dilute solution of acetic acid was cooled below its freezing point.
- The new test uses a dilute solution of potassium permanganate.
- The carbonates are washed repeatedly with a dilute solution of sodium carbonate, thus removing any coloration from the precipitate.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In Colorado Springs, conservatives see immigrants mostly as potential recruits rather than as diluters of the national spirit.
- Publicly traded companies are remarkably consistent ‘net diluters’.
- Suited for use in reagent dispensers, diluters, and draining devices, the pump features a factory-set output that allows repeatable dispensing rates of up to 200 dispenses per minute.
Mid 16th century: from Latin dilut- 'washed away, dissolved', from the verb diluere.
deluge from Late Middle English:
This is from an Old French variant of diluve ‘flood’, from Latin diluvium, from diluere ‘wash away’, also the source of dilute (mid 16th century). The English word antediluvian (mid 17th century) meaning literally ‘before the (biblical) Flood’ is also based on Latin diluvium.
Palabras que riman con diluteacute, argute, astute, beaut, Beirut, boot, bruit, brut, brute, Bute, butte, Canute, cheroot, chute, commute, compute, confute, coot, cute, depute, dispute, flute, galoot, hoot, impute, jute, loot, lute, minute, moot, newt, outshoot, permute, pollute, pursuit, recruit, refute, repute, route, salute, Salyut, scoot, shoot, Shute, sloot, snoot, subacute, suit, telecommute, Tonton Macoute, toot, transmute, undershoot, uproot, Ute, volute
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.