- 1Eat dinner: we dined at a restaurant (as noun dining) a dining areaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The effect of water is best if found in the north of the living, dining or study area but not in the bedroom.
- The living, dining and kitchen areas were more discrete, making observation less easy.
- There is plenty of space to dine in the breakfast area, from where there is access to a tiled conservatory.
- 1.1 (dine out) Eat dinner in a restaurant.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We admit it: we still have yet to appreciate the pleasures of dining out at a hectic restaurant where getting a table involves a UN negotiator.
- How many times per week are you dining out at restaurants, getting take out, ordering in, etc?
- If you're dining out at your favorite restaurant, have the gift delivered with dessert.
- 1.2 (dine out on) Regularly entertain friends with (a humorous story or interesting fact).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was a kind of story you can dine out on for a long time, but at the time it was a bit worrying because I nearly missed my aeroplane over it.
- As well as making a living, football was about having stories to dine out on.
- I had a lot of friends come early April, and I will dine out on the story for years to come…
- 1.3 [with object] Take (someone) to dinner.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Their lobbyists breakfast, lunch and dine our elected representatives every day.
Middle English: from Old French disner, probably from desjëuner 'to break fast', from des- (expressing reversal) + jëun 'fasting' (from Latin jejunus).