- The effect of water is best if found in the north of the living, dining or study area but not in the bedroom.
- The living, dining and kitchen areas were more discrete, making observation less easy.
- There is plenty of space to dine in the breakfast area, from where there is access to a tiled conservatory.
- We admit it: we still have yet to appreciate the pleasures of dining out at a hectic restaurant where getting a table involves a UN negotiator.
- How many times per week are you dining out at restaurants, getting take out, ordering in, etc?
- If you're dining out at your favorite restaurant, have the gift delivered with dessert.
- It was a kind of story you can dine out on for a long time, but at the time it was a bit worrying because I nearly missed my aeroplane over it.
- As well as making a living, football was about having stories to dine out on.
- I had a lot of friends come early April, and I will dine out on the story for years to come…
dinner from Middle English:
Our words dine (Middle English) and dinner are both from the same root, Old French desjeuner ‘to have breakfast’, which survives in modern French as déjeuner, ‘lunch’, and petit déjeuner, ‘breakfast’. The root was jëun ‘fasting’, which goes back to Latin jejunus ‘fasting, barren’ found also in jejune (early 17th century) which originally meant ‘without food’ and then ‘not intellectually nourishing’. In Australia, New Zealand, and Canada to be done like a dinner is to be utterly defeated or outwitted—the British equivalent is done like a kipper. The messy and unappetizing appearance of food set out for a dog is behind the expressions a dog's dinner (or breakfast), meaning ‘a poor piece of work’ a mess', and dressed up like a dog's dinner, ‘wearing ridiculously smart or ostentatious clothes’, which date from the 1930s.
Palabras que riman con dinealign, assign, benign, brine, chine, cline, combine, condign, confine, consign, divine, dyne, enshrine, entwine, fine, frontline, hardline, interline, intertwine, kine, Klein, line, Main, malign, mine, moline, nine, on-line, opine, outshine, pine, Rhein, Rhine, shine, shrine, sign, sine, spine, spline, stein, Strine, swine, syne, thine, tine, trine, twine, Tyne, underline, undermine, vine, whine, wine
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: dine
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.