Definición de dingbat en inglés:
1North American & Australian /NZ A stupid or eccentric person.
- I really appreciated that he walked me though the initial binocular lesson without making me feel like a dingbat.
- So go to a dentist, dingbat, you're saying to yourself as you read this.
- While dingbats throw brickbats, he continues his reporting on the memo in the senate.
3A typographical device other than a letter or numeral (such as an asterisk), used to signal divisions in text or to replace letters in a euphemistically presented vulgar word.
- He has been collecting commercial misadventures for some time, and we heartily recommend the orange cone (‘the typographical dingbat of public spaces’) of his own gallery.
- The designs, which recall both asterisks and shamrocks, also circle back to the Warhol-inspired dingbats of Daisy Chain, and the color reinforces the theme of luck.
- Unfortunately the desire was one that was hard to forget and so the sigil didn't work, but I believe the theory is strong, and there are some wonderfully arcane dingbats out there if you know where to look.
Definición de dingbat en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan