Definición de dinghy en inglés:
sustantivo (plural dinghies)
1A small boat for recreation or racing, especially an open boat with a mast and sails.
- Some categories of boats are full, such as yachts, sailing dinghies and self-drive motor boats.
- Still undaunted by what was acknowledged, at the time, as the longest distance ever sailed in an open dinghy out of sight of land, the King planted a flag at the base to commemorate the event.
- Some other members were on hand to demonstrate how to rig the sails on a sailing dinghy and show the layout of a boat to the trainees.
1.1A small inflatable rubber boat.
- The lifeboat located four kayakers, who had landed at a cove east of Spain tower, and the lifeboat launched an inflatable dinghy to rescue the stranded kayakers.
- The La Malouine was nearest and proceeded to attempt to pick up the crew that by this time were in their rubber dinghy.
- This, too, will be the venue for the Festival Regatta, when inflatable dinghies will race from Barrow Bridge to Spa Bridge.
Definición de dinghy en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan