(Of a plant or invertebrate animal) having the male and female reproductive organs in separate individuals. Compare with monoecious.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Lloyd and Webb suggested that if females of dioecious species allocated a greater proportion of their available energy to reproduction than males, then females should be slower growing and have lower survival rates.
- Consider a population of dioecious species, in which males mate randomly with females.
- We compared the phyllotaxy and characteristics of the vascular system for two of the dioecious species (subgenus Acnida).
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In addition, the general term ‘population structure’ encompasses dioecy, ploidy level, age structure, reproductive patterns such as partial selfing, as well as the various forms of geographical structure and dispersal.
- S. latifolia has recently become a popular model to study dioecy and evolution of plant sex chromosomes.
- Sagittaria is one such taxon enabling studies of the evolution of dioecy from monoecy.
Definición de dioecious en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda