Change (a vowel) into a diphthong: the short vowel was not lengthened or diphthongized
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But at normal conversational speed its ghastly sequence of four diphthongized long vowels (in the nicely symmetrical but un-IPA Trager-Smith transcription, / ay ey iy ey /) sounds something like ah-ee-yay-ee-yee-yay-ee.
- Stealth has a long, tense, diphthongized high vowel [i], whereas stealth has a short, lax, mid-vowel.
- In particular, the vowel of the last syllable was a pretty good IPA [e], not diphthongized like the vowel in English babe but also not laxed and shortened like the vowel in English bed.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The diphthongisation of [i:] and [y:] led to a merging of sounds as can be seen in this table.
- Nonetheless, a number of studies suggest that at least diphthongization and nasal and lateral depalatalization may be unproductive in Spanish.
- What is more, he observes that the diphthongisation works more efficiently when the word in question is feminine, and less systematically when the word is masculine or higher register.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: diph¦thong|ize
Definición de diphthongize en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda