- A huge herbivorous dinosaur of the late Jurassic period, with a long slender neck and tail.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Diplodocus, infraorder Sauropoda, order Saurischia
- ‘Very large dinosaurs like the diplodocus found in the Algoa Basin took about three decades to reach adulthood,’ says Professor Chinsamy-Turan.
- The neighbouring Museum of Natural History has the third-largest dinosaur collection in the world, including skeletons of tyrannosaurus rex, diplodocus and stegosaurus.
- They found embedded in solid rock what they believe to be the pelvis of a primitive sauropod, a four-legged, plant-eating dinosaur similar to better-known creatures such as brachiosaurus and diplodocus.
modern Latin, from diplo- 'double' + Greek dokos 'wooden beam'.
Más definiciones de diplodocusDefinición de diplodocus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.