sustantivoNorth American • informal
- An institution or organization that grants large numbers of educational degrees based on inadequate or inferior education and assessment of the recipients: the best online schools have to amass enough alumni performance data to distinguish themselves from diploma millsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Before he was appointed regional director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, he got a degree from a correspondence school that government investigators later described as a "diploma mill."
- In the United States, the revelation that a high-level appointee in any government agency had received a PhD from a diploma mill would inevitably result in that person's withdrawal from their appointment.
- Then came the embarrassing revelations that he doesn't appear to have a bachelor's degree, that two colleges listed on his résumé, Harvard and Cambridge College, appear to have never heard of him, and that his PhD was obtained from an internet diploma mill.
Más definiciones de diploma millDefinición de diploma mill en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.