sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
- The fourth stage of the prophase of meiosis, following pachytene, during which the paired chromosomes begin to separate into two pairs of chromatids.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In common snook, the germinal epithelium is active throughout the year, producing follicles where the oocyte is in arrested meiosis, diplotene of the first meiotic prophase, and the germinal epithelium is always discontinuous.
- RAD51 foci disappeared in both genotypes at late pachytene just before diplotene.
- A small portion of the distal end of the long arm is asynapsed, indicating that the SC has begun desynapsis and is in the earliest stage of diplotene.
1920s: from diplo- 'double' + Greek tainia 'band'.
Más definiciones de diploteneDefinición de diplotene en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.