Alcoholism, specifically in a form characterized by intermittent bouts of craving for alcohol.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- But for Blairites to attack Brown for networking, briefing the press and installing placemen is a little like an alcoholic accusing a social drinker of dipsomania.
- When he sings about his marauding dipsomania and the opposite sex tearing his heart from his body, then stamping and twisting their heel into his hyper-sensitive organ on the squalid street, it rings true.
- He died of drink - not the social drinking which leads so often to ruin here - but the fiery, passionate dipsomania which is a common disease even in the very best circles of the Scandinavian countries.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- When all the local timber was harvested, the loggers would move on, leaving their ramshackles behind, and by 1915 skid row came to mean a cheap, disreputable district, usually populated by dives and dipsomaniacs.
- Danny was downbeat and self-absorbed, reeling from one personal incident to the next like a ship without a compass, and his friends were a mixed bunch of dipsomaniacs and egotists.
- At the tube a group of dipsomaniacs chose to come to a halt right in front of ticket barrier I was trying to get through.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In that time, he's chronicled the carnage of teenage psychopaths and femme fatales, dipsomaniacal tramps and millionaire dope fiends.
- But although New Yorkers tell tales about great aunts and dipsomaniacal uncles carried off to Bellevue, and the guides on Circle Line tour boats describe it as a mental institution, Bellevue is a general hospital.
- This prefigured emerging gendered notions of intemperance which regarded drunkenness as basically a male vice that afflicted women through the abuse visited upon them by dipsomaniacal husbands and fathers.
Mid 19th century: from Greek dipso- (from dipsa 'thirst') + -mania.
Palabras que riman con dipsomaniaAlbania, balletomania, bibliomania, crania, egomania, erotomania, kleptomania, Lithuania, Lusitania, mania, Mauritania, megalomania, miscellanea, monomania, nymphomania, Pennsylvania, Pomerania, pyromania, Rainier, Romania, Ruritania, Tasmania, Transylvania, Urania
Definición de dipsomania en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda