Definición de dire wolf en inglés:
A large extinct wolf of the Pleistocene epoch, which preyed on large mammals.
- Canis dirus, family Canidae
- Among this group, the extinct dire wolf (a giant relative of living wolves) claimed the most powerful bite force relative to its size.
- Against the blue of a mountain range - the same profile of peaks I could see from Grandview - were vultures, mammoths, dire wolves, La Brea camels, saber-toothed cats, and giant ground sloths.
- The figures at the top left and bottom right are dire wolves, extinct relatives of wolves and dogs.
dire in the sense 'threatening', translating the modern Latin taxonomic name.
Definición de dire wolf en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan