- A system of government in which a province is controlled by a central government.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- By January 1990 the Indian government imposed direct rule upon the areas of Kashmir under its control.
- Judge Brian Kelly, who had previously worked for the Unionist government before direct rule, praised Nelson and described him as a man who had shown ‘the greatest courage’.
- Insurgency and direct rule were hardly ideal, but stasis was preferable to innovation, and unionist creativity ossified.
Más definiciones de direct ruleDefinición de direct rule en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.