sustantivo[treated as singular or plural]
1The board of directors of a company.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Such companies developed elected directorates to enforce their rules, deal with disputes amongst their members, and negotiate with outsiders.
- Prior research on interlocking directorates has focused on how overlapping board memberships can promote mimetic isomorphism in a population by facilitating the diffusion of individual policies and structures between firms.
- In addition, we also controlled for board centrality in the network of interlocking directorates, measured as the natural log of the total number of non-duplicated ties between the focal board and all other boards in the larger sample.
2A section of a government department in charge of a particular activity: the Food Safety Directorate
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Selection and training of pilot project staff is the responsibility of the Health Department's HIV-Aids directorate.
- You have a Deputy Assistant Commander reporting to the Deputy Commissioner in charge of professional standards directorate.
- The argument being floated by those in favour of the move is that the PRD is just a directorate and not a department of the Government.
Palabras que riman con directorateelectorate, inspectorate, protectorate, rectorate
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: dir¦ect¦or|ate
Definición de directorate en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda