- 1 (also dirndl skirt) A full, wide skirt with a tight waistband.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- By the time you reach your mid-30s you may no longer want to sparkle out in a patterned dirndl skirt, leggings and off-the-shoulder top.
- Mrs Anton arrived in a ruffly blouse and ribbon-trimmed dirndl skirt that made her look greyer than ever, and Michael wore a pinchy suit that might have been his father's.
- The fifties story continues too with brightly coloured boxy jackets, pretty frocks, knife pleat dresses and printed dirndl skirt dominating the summer scene.
- 2A woman’s dress in the style of Alpine peasant costume, with a dirndl skirt and a close-fitting bodice.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The German population didn't like this move, and they showed it by wearing national costumes, like lederhosen and dirndls.
- She even admits to wearing dirndl, a traditional Bavarian costume with an embroidered bodice and a homely apron.
- While costumes such as kimono, dirndl and military uniforms are understood as national costumes, my definition of costumes in the cultural mapping process is much broader.
1930s: from south German dialect, diminutive of Dirne 'girl'.
Más definiciones de dirndlDefinición de dirndl en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.