sustantivo[usually in singular]
- 1An act of someone or something ceasing to be visible: the sun’s disappearance at night
- 1.1An act or the fact of someone or something going missing: the police were investigating her disappearanceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The unexplainable disappearances had seemed to cease for now.
- He said the police had been informed and were now investigating the mysterious disappearance.
- Despite the account being well publicized in all the papers, the mysterious disappearance had remained unexplained.
- 1.2 [mass noun] The process of something ceasing to exist or be in use: the disappearance of grammar schoolsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The disappearance of some processes may be offset by an adequate technical record taken on site from those who worked in obsolescent industries.
- But we are visibly stunned by the disappearance of one of those monuments to our own magnificence.
- What more can one say except that a lot of us will feel, in heart and body, a continuing sense of loss at the disappearance of this admirable business.