- 1Causing great damage: a disastrous fire swept through the museumMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And then humans return, and the two cultures clash with potentially disastrous consequences.
- To entrust such commercial affairs to a non-executive board "has potentially disastrous consequences".
- Such a war can only have the most disastrous consequences.
- 1.1 • informal Highly unsuccessful: United made a disastrous start to the seasonMás ejemplos en oraciones
- My parents' marriage was not ideal but not disastrous, and certainly did not make my childhood unhappy.
- After that disastrous start Wicklow fought back well.
- In all, a disastrous start to a marketing concept clearly executed by greedy fools.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They have all been shown up as disastrously wrong.
- The fact that events have not gone well over the past two months is somehow taken as proof that they've gone disastrously.
- Those two syndromes could work together disastrously.
late 16th century (in the sense 'ill-fated'): from French désastreux, from Italian disastroso, from disastro 'disaster'.