Definición de disburse en inglés:
- If you have an interest in preserving fiction - you might, for example, give loud and serious thought to how your local Arts Council disburses its funds.
- The sub-district office disburses funds, which came from the taxation of stores and companies located in that district, to the committees.
- However, the panel of judges said that he was not responsible for the violation because the funds were disbursed by the bank's board of directors.
mid 16th century: from Old French desbourser, from des- (expressing removal) + bourse 'purse'.
purse from (Old English):
A purse gets its name from its traditional material, leather. The word came into English some time in the 11th or 12th centuries from Latin bursa, which meant ‘money bag’ and also ‘leather, animal skin’. Bursa is the source of bursar (late 16th century), disburse (mid 16th century), and reimburse (early 17th century). Despite the difference in spelling, it is also the root of sporran, a small pouch worn around the waist by Scotsmen as part of Highland dress. The Latin word developed into Irish sparán ‘purse’ and then Scottish Gaelic sporan, and was first used in English by the Scottish novelist Sir Walter Scott in the early 19th century.
- Example sentences
- Apart from faster credit disbursals, a bank can even grant a quarter of percentage reduction in interest rate for customers with good records.
- Besides the disbursal of micro credit scheme loans, the District Rural Development Agency also provides financial assistance.
- Now a malevolently worded report has criticised her for approving the disbursal of some £40,000 to a local charity, on the grounds that it had ceased to exist.
- Example sentences
- The post-closer will also assist the disburser in shipping loan packages and sending out pay-offs.
- If the disburser dishonors its duty, the disburser becomes liable for the claimant's losses.
- When disbursers will no longer be issuing checks, the education process starts well in advance of the issuance of cards.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.