Definición de discern en inglés:
- With its limited focus upon a day where a number of important issues came to a head, incomplete or biased coverage could quickly be discerned.
- Between the two names, no effective difference can be discerned.
- In many cases, statistically significant differences could be discerned by participants.
- Only those with dyslexia had difficulty discerning the beat in continuous sounds containing sudden rises and falls in loudness, as in such speech transitions as sweet.
- Her feline sensitive ears could discern a distinct cry coming from each man's mouth.
- A laugh, golden and delicious, floated up to him on the breeze and he leaned over the railing, peering down and faintly discerning the hedge wall of the royal garden beneath him.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Instead, it was an opportunity for us to not only be passive receivers of news product but discerners of true knowledge.
- Instead of a passive receiver of information, the viewer is engaged as a highly activated questioner and discerner of aesthetic relationships.
- He, who is satisfied through the Guru grace, becomes the discerner of the Guru's word.
crime from Middle English:
The early meanings of crime were ‘wickedness’ and ‘sin’. The word comes via Old French from Latin crimen ‘judgement or offence’, which was based on cernere ‘to judge’ also in concern (Late Middle English), recriminate (early 17th century), and discern (Late Middle English). The expression crime doesn't pay was a slogan associated with the 1930s American radio crime series The Shadow, in which it was spoken by the Shadow at the end of each broadcast. It originated earlier, though, and was the title of a silent film in 1912.
Palabras que riman con discernadjourn, astern, Berne, burn, churn, concern, earn, fern, fohn, kern, learn, Lucerne, quern, Sauternes, spurn, stern, Sterne, tern, terne, Traherne, turn, urn, Verne, yearn
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.