Definición de discoid en inglés:
Shaped like a disc.
- Heads on discoid plants have an extra whorl of disc florets instead of ray florets.
- It has been reported that 20 percent of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus will develop discoid skin lesions; however, most patients who have only cutaneous lupus at presentation will not progress to systemic disease.
- A further possibility is discoid lupus erythematosus, the technical term for an autoimmune dermatitis of dogs that is usually confined to the face and is frequently made worse by exposure to ultraviolet light.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A thing that is shaped like a disc, particularly a type of ancient stone tool.
- Eighty-nine were flaked-stone tools; the ninetieth was a carefully shaped discoid, perhaps a mano or grinding stone.
- Formal tools are rare but include scrapers, a discoid and two choppers.
- Stone Age tools such as handaxes, cleavers, discoids and scrapers have been discovered in the region.
- Example sentences
- The conch is thickly discoidal, with broadly convex sides and rounded venter with rounded ventral shoulders.
- A distinguishing feature of the echinoids is that the ossicles imbricate and are fused into a globular or discoidal test; its flattened or concave oral side faces the substratum and the aboral side is arched in most species.
- All known species of Capisocysta have a spheroidal rather than discoidal shape, and an equatorial flange is never present.
Definición de discoid en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan