Definición de discourse en inglés:
- Someone has finally written a book that lifts the discourse of our current political debate to a higher level.
- It is something that is quite literally built, brick by brick, and at each level of society you understand what the parameters are of political discourse and political debate.
- These are issues that should be at the forefront of political debate and election discourse.
- Valuable tips to raise themselves from mere seekers to achievers were provided by way of formal discourses, informal lectures, and games.
- It is one of the few discourses to address the topic of lay ethics.
- We have noted above that several Gnostic writings are post-resurrection discourses or dialogues.
- Second, resolving this underspecification requires reasoning about how the presupposition is rhetorically connected to the discourse context.
- As a result, the work of literature is itself a concrete utterance within those discourses, existing on the same discursive plane as a contribution to their verbal-ideological life.
- Although some readers would have liked to see additional chapters on discourse and pragmatics, I have kept the same choice of topics.
- So the clippers frequently fall silent while he discourses on the usual topics beloved of barbers: holidays, football, etc.
- His success with women is not to be wondered at: whatever might be their interests, he had the range of information and experience that gave him the ability to discourse knowledgeably on almost any topic under the sun.
- While at the museum, he contributed essays to numerous books and kept up a prodigious lecture schedule, discoursing on the past and present of fashion at museums and universities around the country.
- Time and time again, I will find myself discoursing with random people, all over the city, lately even in different states.
- He was in a pensive mood on this night, even when collectively discoursing with the trio.
- One senses that he misses being in a classroom discoursing with students.
Late Middle English (denoting the process of reasoning): from Old French discours, from Latin discursus 'running to and fro' (in medieval Latin 'argument'), from the verb discurrere, from dis- 'away' + currere 'to run'; the verb influenced by French discourir.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.