Definición de discretion en inglés:
- The truth is any parent who thinks their child is the soul of discretion on the internet is likely to be wrong.
- If these people play fair and use discretion and common sense, they shall have my full support.
- Whoever put them in that group probably hoped discretion and goodwill would make sense of an anomaly.
- Rules say bus drivers can use their discretion regarding dogs but they must have a valid reason for refusing.
- He says he hopes selectors use their discretion and pick him for the event anyway.
- However, it is entirely at the discretion of local authorities how this is applied.
- discretion is the better part of valour
- proverb It’s better to avoid a dangerous situation than to confront it.Oraciones de ejemplo
- There are times when discretion is the better part of valour, of course.
- ‘There's a point at which discretion is the better part of valour with respect to legal disputes,’ he said.
- My co-worker came from this area, however, and discretion is the better part of valour.
In Latin discretio developed from ‘separation’ to ‘fine judgement’, an ability to separate ideas, the sense in which it entered English in the Middle Ages. The proverb discretion is the better part of valour was familiar in Shakespeare's time. The idea is even older, having a parallel in the works of the Greek dramatist Euripides in the 5th century bc.
Palabras que riman con discretioncession, freshen, session
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.