- She twirled a strand of her long hair and smirked at my disheveled appearance.
- She smiled happily as she approached us, and despite our disheveled appearance, we managed to kneel.
- We received a few strange looks at our disheveled appearances, but I knew for now that I wouldn't be left to meet them alone.
late Middle English: from obsolete dishevely, from Old French deschevele, past participle of descheveler (based on chevel 'hair', from Latin capillus). The original sense was 'having the hair uncovered'; later, referring to the hair itself, 'hanging loose', hence 'disordered, untidy'. Compare with unkempt.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Later, they all relaxed, like actors after the performance, unmindful of their attire and a slight air of dishevelment.
- Innocence and dishevelment go hand in hand when you're eight years old and rather bored.
- He took one look at their sopping clothes, the chunks of food all over them and the general dishevelment of their appearance before laughing.